Additional Information and Future Plans
- Our staff receive regular training including Disability Awareness Training and the Visit Scotland Accessible Tourism Customer Service Training.
- Front-of-house staff and duty managers are trained by Epilepsy Scotland to recognise the signs of someone experiencing a seizure and to assist someone who is or has experienced a seizure. We have a soft floor mat available if anyone needs to lie down quickly. This training will be repeated on an annual basis.
- We have foot stools available for visitors needing them for use in the Theatre, Cinema or any other event space.
- A venue map of CCA is available in the foyer. A PDF version is available online: cca-glasgow.com/about-cca/cca-venue-map
- We have a set of evacuation procedures. In the case of an evacuation, staff will provide instructions and discuss the evacuation options available.
- A large print version of the CCA brochure is available at box office.
- We welcome trained assistance dogs. A water bowl is available on request. Non-working dogs are only permitted on condition that they do not disrupt the experience for other visitors. Guide dogs are allowed throughout the building, with their owner.
- We offer informal introductions and tours to blind and partially-sighted visitors. For details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance
- There are high-contrast (white text on a black background) directional signs in the foyer, stairwells, lift guide, room entrances and doors.
- There are various power points in the foyer which (availability permitting) can be used to charge mobility scooters.
- Duty Managers have first aid training, please ask for assistance if required.
- We are continually working to make improvements to our accessibility.
- Nosing will be installed on our stairs.
- We are hoping to improve the doors, particularly in the second floor corridor and main entrance, and hope to also install a hearing loop in the Theatre.
- We're open to feedback and welcome ideas on how we can improve. Please email email@example.com with comments.