Website Accessibility Statement
This accessibility statement applies to the website www.cca-glasgow.com
This website is run by Centre for Contemporary Arts, Glasgow (CCA). We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen;
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard;
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software;
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver).
We also aim to make the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How Accessible this Website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- the text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window;
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text;
- older PDF documents linked to on this website may not be fully accessible to screen reader software;
- older video recordings may not have captions;
- older audio recordings may not have transcripts;
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard;
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader;
- there’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘contact us’ page.
Feedback and Contact Information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- call 0141 352 4900
- visit our box office in person
If we cannot provide the format you need immediately, we’ll consider your request and get back to you within 7 days.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, call or email us for directions.
Reporting Accessibility Problems with this Website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact email@example.com
Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for
enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications)
(No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility
regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your
the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting Us by Phone or Visiting Us in Person
provide a text relay service for people who are D/deaf, hearing
impaired or have a speech impediment.
box office has an audio induction loop.
Find out how to contact us: www.cca-glasgow.com/visit/contact
Technical Information about this Website’s Accessibility
CCA is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
images do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen
reader cannot access the information. This fails WCAG 2.1 success
criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content). We will add text alternatives
for all new images by April 2021. When we publish new content we’ll
make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
PDFs and Other Documents
of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our
services. For example, we have PDFs with information about past
exhibitions and past opportunities for artists.
accessibility regulations do
not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23
September 2018 if they’re not
essential to providing our services.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
plan to add captions to any live video streams in the future.
However, live video is exempt
from meeting the accessibility regulations.
Preparation of this Accessibility Statement
statement was prepared on 6 November 2020. It was last reviewed on 6
This website was last tested on 6 November 2020. The test was carried out by CCA Glasgow. We sampled the top 20 most visited pages on our website to test.