Counterflows at Home International Festival of Music and Art
Thu 1 April — Fri 30 April 2021
Counterflows, the radical and celebratory Glasgow-based festival of underground, experimental and international music, has announced the artist programme for its 10th edition.
A temporary online space will feature new works by a host of local and international artists working across sound, film, text, illustration and at new intersections between.
Plus assorted complementary interviews, texts and some offline surprises to be announced.
Available for free throughout April at [counterflows.com](http://www.counterflows.com/)
The Counterflows At Home programme includes:
– a Featured Artist focus on composer and musician Annea Lockwood, with a specially commissioned sound piece dedicated to electronic music pioneer Ruth Anderson and a new film about Annea by director Sam Green ('The Weather Underground')
– A filmed sound and movement piece by Indian Classical music reinterpretor Nakul Krishnamurty and dancer/choreographer Nryitha Pillai, exploring the Indian dance form Bharathanatyam in the context of contemporary electronic music and art
– an exclusive audio work by Manchester-based Angolan producer Nazar (Hyperdub), to complement a podcast exploring Angolan music and culture by British writer and commentator Edward George
– a new self-portrait documentary following an imaginary day in the life of Lebanese trumpet player and visual artist Mazen Kerbaj
– “It’s ok if it’s not ok”, a text about noise and music discourse, as well as a Beijing audio diary from Chinese musician and poet Yan Jun
– London multi-disciplinary artists SERAFINE 1369 and Young Nettle presenting a narrated audiobook version of their touring performance work 'Sounds 4 Survival'
– Tradition-inspired Scots singer and narrative weaver Quinie with a suite of specially-written new songs and a podcast entitled 'The Living Tradition'
– 'In This Moment, I’m Living' by Glasgow artist Thefuries: “music for the tranquility of the souls of survivors of sexual violence: requiems for the living, the living dead and the dead”
– Glasgow musician/sound artist Helena Celle with a new longform composition and essay
– an audio work, film and diary text by Glasgow subliminal sound makers Soft Tissue
So here we are, Counterflows is at home. And you are all welcome. Tell your friends.
Counterflows is produced by AC Projects & OtoProjects, and curated by Alasdair Campbell & Fielding Hope.