DREAM: Experimental Short Film Night
Thu 23 June 2022
CinemaAttic is proud to present this selection of short films as part of ADRIFT, a film season bringing essential world cinema to Scotland this spring.
DREAM will show experimental short films questioning the barriers ahead of humans, as a race, to reach a new era. The biggest problem for this inevitable transition is the fear of change. It is a fear experienced, to a degree, by most humans, to the point of people inventing traditions and versions of the past to justify conservative (often fanatical) takes on culture, community, religion etc.
As a consequence, it might feel that different people live in different realities despite being neighbours. These disparate new realities have disrupted customs and traditions and are now bearing witness to different drifts, some that anaesthetise and others that excite and exhilarate, yet without knowing where they are heading.
That is the edge we are looking for, these are the dividing lines we’d like to map out and study with a keen interest in those moving along these lines rather than across them.
Suggested guidelines for our Pay-What-You-Can system:
Standard ticket - £8:
- I am comfortably able to meet all of my basic needs
- I may have some debt but it doesn’t prohibit attainment of basic needs
- I can afford an annual holiday or take time off
- I can afford public and private transport. If I have a car/access to a car I can afford petrol.
- I have access to financial savings.
- I have an expendable income
- I can always buy new items
I can only pay £5:
- I may stress about meeting my basic needs but still regularly achieve them
- I am able to buy some new items and I buy others second-hand
- I can afford public transport and often private transport
- If I have a car/access to a car I can afford petrol
- I am employed
- I might have access to financial savings
- I can take a holiday annually or every few years without financial burden.