GAZE: Experimental Short Film Night
Thu 30 June 2022
CinemaAttic is proud to present this programme of experimental short films as part of ADRIFT, a film season bringing essential world cinema to Scotland this spring.
This session programmed by La Inesperada Festival brings together four authors from the contemporary film scene who trace, through non-fiction, the intricate connections between family relationships and social traditions. That is to say, they speak to us of love and burdens of the past, of rituals and passions.
If Manel Raga (“Homenatge a Judes”) and Brandán Cerviño (“A comunón da miña prima Andrea”) start from the impact and influence of religion in childhood to show the relationship of children with the adult world through it, Marga Almirall (“Elena Universo”) and Blanca Camell (“Tombent les heures”) question couple relationships, from their sexist pressures to their intensity and volatility. A route through archive cinema, essays and hybrid narratives, with brilli-brilli included.
La Inesperada is a festival born in Barcelona in 2021 focused on non-fiction cinema, co-directed by Núria Giménez Lorang and Miquel Martí Freixas.
Suggested guidelines for our Pay-What-You-Can system:
Standard ticket - £8:
- I am comfortably able to meet all of my basic needs
- I may have some debt but it doesn’t prohibit attainment of basic needs
- I can afford an annual holiday or take time off
- I can afford public and private transport. If I have a car/access to a car I can afford petrol.
- I have access to financial savings.
- I have an expendable income
- I can always buy new items
I can only pay £5:
- I may stress about meeting my basic needs but still regularly achieve them
- I am able to buy some new items and I buy others second-hand
- I can afford public transport and often private transport
- If I have a car/access to a car I can afford petrol
- I am employed
- I might have access to financial savings
- I can take a holiday annually or every few years without financial burden.
8:00pm — 10:00pm
Doors open: 7:30pm
Booking fee: 10 percent booking fee
Wheelchair accessibleBook tickets
Films in Spanish, Galician, Catalan, French, subtitled in English