Lapidus Scotland Facilitating Groups: Nuts and Bolts and Advanced Methods
Sat 12 October 2019
Colorful nuts bolts web ntcd
Groups can be effective and efficient ways to experience support and caring…when they are done well.
In this experiential workshop participants will learn the best of group facilitation practices through demonstration, practice, and reflection. 'Nuts and bolts' and advanced methods will be included.
Included will be attention to losses, distress, help-seeking, culture, balancing the needs of group members, tipping points toward referral, and more. It is expected that people from many settings will find the training of immediate use – hospital, chronic condition, educational, congregational, mental health to name a few.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
• Name and discuss three or more core facilitation skills
• Name their particular group facilitation strengths and challenges
• Demonstrate 6 or more group facilitation tools useful in their settings
• More confidently discuss group facilitation
• Make a plan for use of the training
10am - 4pm, Free but ticketed via Eventbrite, Clubroom
Book online / 0141 352 4900